*Click on SHOP WITH ME!

Monday, June 15, 2009

My First Clear Card!

This is my first clear card! What do you think? I made it for a little two year old's birthday! Her invitation was my inspiration! I started with the flower. (Ok...so here is a tip if you are out of a colored card stock and you have the ink pad for that color...I really wanted to use Pixie Pink for the flower, but found that I was completely out! What to do, what to do. Well I decided to used pixie pink ink on whisper white card stock and it worked! I just wiped the ink pad on the paper!) So I used my make shift pixie pink cs and ran it through Flower #8 of the flowers from the Spring Flower Sizzlit sets from Stampin' Up! I also ran the color summer sun through the same die for the middle of the flower. I punched a 1/2" circle out of lovely lilac cs for the middle of the flower. I used two-way glue and dazzling diamonds for the yummy glitter. To create the stem I used another sizzlit die called Swirls Scribbles. This created the stem and leaves. I used glorious green and green galore. I attached all of it to the whisper white cs. I stamped the saying from Great Friend in real red. For the frame I used summer sun cs and my scallop edge punch all the way around to create the border. I attached all of this to the clear card. I added real red grosgrain ribbon too!

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a very creative day!!!

4 comments:

fairymadjo said...

hi kari,
wow its sooo sweet hunny , i love it , i'm surethe little girl will too huggs jo x

Debi said...

What a wonderfully created colors!! Wonderful colors and image! Great job!!

nessy said...

oh so sweet for a two year old ~great ,delightful card kari!
vanessa xx

Mahmood said...

i am inspiring from your first clear card its shows your hard work...
Plastic Business Cards,Plastic Card printing,Plastic Business Cards

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Kari Vertican. My original artwork is for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much!